Help For Writers

Sunday 23 August 2009

THE RING

I was dreaming.
A story.
A woman had a ring. She was an old peasant. She had to pay taxes and another woman, a rich woman who was I don't know who, bought it for a hundred coins. The old peasant's wife was happy and sad. They would have money to pay the taxes and some food.
But that ring was special.
A few days later the rich woman came back with four more hundred coins and gave them to the old peasants. The husband was happier even. The woman was still sad. The man asked her what her problem was. She answered, "I wonder how much might she have gotten for it?"
The problem is, I don't know what the ring looked like, or what it was made from. I know it had belonged to her mother and grandmother. The old peasant asked her husband, "Now tell me the difference between costly and valuable."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Palabras que fluyen, huyen y en algún lado tienen que acabar.