Help For Writers

Saturday 12 December 2009

GUADALUPE AND ITS RARE EFFECTS ON MY LOVE LIFE

Yes, I had made the purpose of writing on the odd days of the month, but then again many things happen on dates when they weren't programmed. Last year, Guadalupe's day dawned on me having sex with my former Theatre Seminar. It was actually a happy and quite unexpected experience although highly fantasized about for a very long time.
This year things were a little bit different. A little bit. Again unexpected things happened. I went teaching a class, and my student, who is planning on a Master's in Contemporary Jazz, invited me to a concert he was giving. While teaching him I realized I was the only one he had invited who was actually going. I had even cancelled on a later date with Sean to go. The concert started two hours late and everybody was quite annoyed except me who is always carrying a book and get advantage of spare time by reading. When the concert started it was still within that uncomfortable vibe, but soon afterwards, the music itself broke the upsetting frequence that had settled and time flew by quite agreeably if it hadn't been for a single and constant growling in my stomach, in everybody's I guess --we were hungry. So, as soon as Carlos finished playing his compositions and melodies, we fled to the nearest restaurant to have some food. We were starving. We had more than enough. Then we strolled a bit around Tlalpan's Centre and discussed philosophy. Mhm, me discussing philosophy. But it was quite interesting. Then all the way back we continued with the same topic. After all it is about wondering how it all started and how it will all end. Specultaion.
We still spend some time chatting at the gate. Then he left.
And as soon as I entered my flat sadness hit on me ferociously. I missed Sean so much I was about to cry. I had missed him in the sense that we hadn't been able to chat, neither in the morning nor in the evening. I was sad and lonely. And then I went to FB to check if there were any messages from him and there was one! He was also sad for the chat missing and because with Christmas on, more and more reunions would be organized and more tables would be booked in advance and it would be almost impossible for us to communicate. (Mmm, it just occurred to me he could book the same table for a couple of weeks...hehehe, I know it would be silly and expensive and weird). He told me the lack of communications made him want me even more (mmmmmmm, purrrrrr). Fact is I was sad again. And then --the noise! the lights! the singing! Guadalupe's birthday was on in full display! Suddenly, images of Guadalupe's Days' gone past started flashing around me. Hahahahahaha. Same light, same sounds, same chants, a kiss and passion aroused. I couldn't help myself but laughing my heart out. All was well, all will be well, all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Palabras que fluyen, huyen y en algún lado tienen que acabar.