Help For Writers

Thursday 14 January 2010

CABAÑUELAS - THE FIRST 12 DAYS

It is a Mexican tradition to believe that the weather in the first twelve days of January will reflect the weather of each month. I have carried this tradition further, like a forecast of my life during the year. I like traditions and superstitions and forecasts to be calm or... if I don't like it, to change it, hehe. Well, here we have the predictions for each month according to the day. I'll try to make it short
1st - JANUARY
Cold. Day spent with Mum and daughter. Went to the movies to watch "Sherlock Holmes". No news from Sean.
2nd - FEBRUARY
Colder. Again day spent with Mum and Ame. Watched movies on TV and slept over at Mum's. 1st text from Sean in 2010.
3rd - MARCH
Cold, rainy. Breakfast at Mum's. Lunch at bro's. Dinner and Rosca de Reyes at Maru's. I got a sleeping baby.
4th - APRIL
Cold. First class of the 2010 at Carlos's. Ame and I at home.
5th - MAY
Cold. Ame and I at home. We had Rosca de Reyes at my place. We both got a lilac baby each.
6th - JUNE
Cold. Late breakfast at Mum's. More Rosca, no babies, I got a fire and Mum a pine tree! Ame returned to her Dad.
7th - JULY
Cold and rainy. Finally chatted with Sean again! Lovely! Ame came after school.
8th - AUGUST
Colder, rainy. Sean cancelled our chat. Mum picked up Ame at school and I went there straight from Carlos's.
9th - SEPTEMBER
Colder, rainy. Sean cancelled again. Ame stayed with me. Couldn't sleep well.
10th - OCTOBER
Coldest. Wrote Sean a message asking for an explanation early morning. All day waiting for a reply. Ame was here when I got it. Not nice. He hadn't signed the final divorce papers. Broke my heart.
11th - NOVEMBER
Terribly cold. Terribly down and depressed. Carlos was nice and funny. Ame came to visit me from school.
12th - DECEMBER
Cold. Decided I didn't care about Sean's situation after talking with Mirtha who told me why should I care if anyhow he lives across the ocean. Wrote him I missed him and loved him and never to let me alone in this world. Happy again.
CONCLUSIONS: I'm demented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Palabras que fluyen, huyen y en algún lado tienen que acabar.