Help For Writers

Monday 15 June 2009

WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT ?

Reading my daughter's blog I stumbled upon the question, "What's love?" and she ended her text daring to whoever read it to define it. She thinks it's just a marketing invention to sell in February. I thought it sad. Can't be. I know it isn't. So I accpeted her challenge and immediately set out to answer her question. I must confess I had problems. It was not easy. But I remembered two quotes from two films and my present love state and it turned out fine. At least not as commercial.
Quote one: "If he thinks you are the most wonderful being in the world don't let him go."
-Juno
Quote two: "There's a kind of love that makes you feel better about yourself."
-Nights at Rodarthe
About quote one.
Love is acceptance before anything else, of oneself and of the others, particularly of the loved one. Beyond, more than acceptance --because it sounds as you have to put up with-- it is about taking the person as is, because that's the way you like it, no changes needed. When you start looking for what he could change, it may be just attraction to certain point. But it is both ways. You are taken as you are and you take him as he is.
About quote two.
Love makes you feel better, not worse, not stressed, not worried. Love lets you discover how great you are. And of course it lets you discover how great he is.
Warning.
Do not confuse love with dependence, attraction or sexual chemistry. It's all of that plus. Well, not dependence.

2 comments:

  1. concuerdo muy bien con lo de no confundir con dependencia, totaaaaalmente.

    Sabes algo muy pero muy, pero muuuuuy bobo, que nunca antes me había pasado?... sentir tanta "pasión" por un invididuo muy lejano e intocable que ni en sueños sabe que existo jajajajajaja, me refiero a: un artista!!! cantante en este caso.

    Siempre me había preguntado ese fenómeno en el cual muchedumbres enteras quizá idolatran un tanto a alguien sobre el escenario y yo decía, cómo es posible?, y no sólo eso!, sabían su vida y obra, tenían miles de fotos, en fin... creo que por eso existieron los clubs de fans no? jajaja, pues yo nunca lo entendía hasta ahora y es peor y bobo.

    no me sé la vida y obra, no lo idolatro cuando está sobre el escenario (sólo lo he visto una vez en vivo :(] pero enterarme de que andaba con una vieja que yo ni conocía, hizo que me doliera el corazón!!!!!!!!!!! jajajajaja... o ese hueco donde se supone que está, no sabes!!!... sí sentí tristeza, lo cual fue extremadamente raro. Creo que él sí es mi amor platónico o no entiendo bajo que circunstancias tan bizarras aún me siento ansiosa nada más de escribirte eso porque en verdad, dolió jajaja.
    Claro no a grados descomunales, pero pasó y me extraña.

    eeeeeeeeeeen fin

    pd. shhh... el hombre se llama P. Banks y es vocal de una de mis bandas favoritas, intepol.

    como ya me decidí a escribir, empezaré ocn eso jojo

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Palabras que fluyen, huyen y en algún lado tienen que acabar.